Sunday, February 12, 2012

I guess this is the beginning....


I've  always loved to write. I'll admit  I'm better at reading other people's writing than actually doing it myself but it's something that becomes addictive. I started writing in a journal this year and realized how cathartic it can be to completely release yourself on paper. Looking at back on old entries brings up so many emotions. Embarrassment (for how dramatic I was), happiness (when looking at a memory), and sometimes it just brings me a relief to know how much I've matured (hopefully) since I wrote the entry.  As a college student, I've learned that I'm not always going to have the luxury of time. I've wasted so much of it the past two years, watching an excruciating amount of TV shows or sitting on Facebook stalking someone I've never even heard of before. I want to look back now when I'm older and see what I was thinking and feeling right now. And to do that, I need to write things down. Not necessarily important things....just whatever is on my mind.


I like a lot of things but I'm ready to find more. I'm itching to find out what I'm supposed to do with my life and I want to make big changes. I say this now even though I'm usually terrified of any sort of change. But I feel as if I'm finally beginning to realize that if I want something, I have to go out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment